Pier 1 Imports is looking for an organized and accurate Payroll Coordinator to join our Payroll team! This position performs duties including, but not limited to:
- Processing payroll timely and accurately each week for U.S. stores, Distribution/Fulfillment Centers and Home Office.
- Review of various payroll reports and making corrections as needed.
- Verifying the accuracy of time submitted, documenting adjustments made to submitted time and performing a final review to verify time submitted, after adjustments are in balance with the payroll system.
- Specialized tasks such as on demand checks including termination checks, benefit refunds, special requests, projects & assisting management with various items and legal requests.
- Must meet deadlines and legal/accounting requirements in processing of payroll.
- Associate must demonstrate expertise in payroll and exhibit problem solving skills with knowledge of taxes and deductions.
- Calculate payroll checks and retroactive payments.
- Must be able to demonstrate multi state knowledge pertaining to terminations, overtime and vacation.
- Special projects as needed.